Duration: 3 days
Time: 10am - 6pm
(Price and time may vary outside USA)
Upcoming Class Dates
Click on a date to register.
Dates indicate first day of a multi-day class. Classes usually run over consecutive days.
For additional course dates and availability at our other locations, please contact us.
- 3ds Max Advanced
- 3ds Max Character Animation with Bones & the Character Studio Plugin
- Autodesk 3ds Max Master Class
Autodesk 3ds Max Fundamentals
In this Autodesk 3ds Max course, you'll receive a thorough introduction to Autodesk 3ds Max that will help new users make the most of this sophisticated application and will broaden the horizons of existing, self-taught users. The practices in this course are geared toward real-world tasks you will encounter.
You will learn to use Autodesk 3ds Max to create photo-realistic renderings and animations. You'll examine the interface and workflow and learn to configure a project. You'll learn to work with lighting and perform rendering and animation, and you will learn to work with geometry imported from other applications.
Who Should Attend
Primary users of Autodesk 3ds Max, including professionals in the architectural, interior design, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, and product design industries.
- Knowledge of OS X or Windows and basic computer navigation
- Experience with 3D modeling is recommended
Course OutlineNote: The curricula below comprise activities typically covered in a class at this skill level. The instructor may, at his/her discretion, adjust the lesson plan to meet the needs of the class.
Lesson 1: Learning the Max Interface
- Viewport configuration
- Customizing the quads, shortcuts, and menus
- Navigation shortcuts
Lesson 2: Working with objects
- Creating and editing primitives
- Object properties and layers
- Using the transforms move, rotate, scale
- Cloning and Arrays
- Grouping and Linking
- Using the modifier Stack
Lesson 3: Modeling
- Working with Sub-objects
- Working with 2D shapes and modifiers
- Polygonal modeling
- Compound objects
Lesson 4: Materials and Maps
- Material Editor
- Building basic materials
- Multi-layer materials
- Adding maps
- Using Photoshop to process maps
Lesson 5: Cameras and Lighting
- Building cameras
- Using lights and basic techniques
- Using Mental ray lighting
- Daylight system
Lesson 6: Animation
- Understanding animation and keyframes
- Animation modifiers and wiring
- Constraints and controllers
- Track view
Lesson 7: Dynamic Animation
- Using particles
- Space warps
- Nvidia PhysX
Lesson 8: Rendering
- Rendering setup and output
- Mental Ray
- Network rendering