Duration: 3 days
Time: 8:30am - 5:00pm
(Price and time may vary outside USA)
Upcoming Class Dates
Click on a date to register.
Dates indicate first day of a multi-day class. Classes usually run over consecutive days.
For additional course dates and availability at our other locations, please contact us.
- Introduction to Information Technology (compTIA Strata IT Fundamentals)
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Applied Project Management
- IT Project Management
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL): How to Build a Service Catalog
In this exciting and dynamic course, you will get an introduction to the lifecycle of managing IT services to deliver to business expectations. Using an engaging case study, you'll learn the core disciplines of ITIL best practices. Upon completing this course, you'll be well positioned to successfully complete the associated ITIL exam required for entry into the future ITIL intermediate-level training courses.
ITIL covers five core disciplines:
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Service Operations
- Continual Service Improvement
These disciplines represent a service lifecycle framework that further enhances alignment to the business while demonstrating business value and ROI and enabling IT to solve specific operational needs.
This course includes handouts and references useful after the class, as well as practice sessions, quizzes, exam strategies, and test-taking tips. The one-hour ITIL Foundation exam will be offered on the last day of class at 3:30 PM.
What You'll Learn
- Key concepts of ITIL
- Important principles for improving IT operations
- Vital processes and functions
- Practical guidance for applying ITIL to everyday IT situations
- How to align with business, control costs, and improve IT service quality
- Strategies to balance IT resources
Who Should Attend
Anyone seeking ITIL Foundation certification and everyone interested in aligning IT with business, controlling or reducing IT costs, improving IT service quality, and balancing IT resources in the most effective manner. All IT professionals, IT project managers, IT managers, IT project or team members, coordinators, network operators, business process analysts, IT architects, consultants, systems integrators, help desk managers and staff, planners, managed service providers, outsourcers, application developers, and other IT-related positions.
Familiarity with IT terminology and IT-related work experience are recommended.
Course Outline:Note: The curricula below comprise activities typically covered in a class at this skill level. The instructor may, at his/her discretion, adjust the lesson plan to meet the needs of the class.
Lesson 1: Service Management Defined
- IT services and what they really do
- How IT services deliver value to customers
- Value and importance of IT service management
Lesson 2: ITIL Introduction
- Good practices
- Ease ITIL adoption
- ITIL qualification scheme, bodies, and certifications
Lesson 3: Service Strategy
- Design, develop, and implement service management
- Service management as a strategic asset
- Setting objectives and expectations
- Identify and select prioritization opportunities
Lesson 4: Service Design
- Design and develop services
- Develop processes
- Design principles and methods
- Convert strategy into services
Lesson 5: Service Transition
- Develop and improve capabilities
- Improved methods for transitioning new and changed services into operation
- Manage the complexity related to changes
- Prevent undesired results while enabling innovation
Lesson 6: Service Operation
- Effectively and efficiently deliver support services
- Ensure value to customer and service provider
- Maintain stability while allowing for change
- Organize to improve IT support to customers
Lesson 7: Continual Service Improvement
- Create and maintain value for customers
- Importance of better design, introduction, and operation of services
- Improving service quality, business continuity, and IT efficiency
- Link improvement efforts to strategy, design, and transition
Lesson 8: Exam-Taking Tips
- Important techniques to help you pass your exam
Lesson 9: Practice Exams
- In-class and take-home exam preparation
- Simulated exam