Select a date to register.
Note: This course is not available in New York.
This 3-day course builds upon skills learned in Introduction to Adobe Photoshop for the Forensic Professional or experienced Photoshop users in the field of law enforcement and digital graphic forensic sciences. The course provides training on Photoshop skills, techniques, and tools necessary to enhance, identify, compare, analyze, and clarify images. This course is an ideal combination of instructor-led demonstration and hands-on practice.
Who Should Attend?
This course is exclusively designed for professionals working in law enforcement and digital graphic forensic analysis. Photoshop is often a prerequisite for many other software programs, and assists forensics professionals in image enhancement, clarification, identification, comparison, authentication, and analysis. Photoshop is the one program that everyone in every area of digital media and analysis should know.
- Practical working knowledge of computers and basic Mac OS X or Windows skills.
- Introduction to Photoshop for the Forensics Professional class or equivalent experience is recommended.
Note: The curricula below comprise activities typically covered in a class at this skill level. The instructor may, at his/her discretion, adjust the lesson plan to meet the needs of the class.
Lesson 1: Working in Adobe Bridge
- Navigating Bridge
- Camera raw
- Creating Contact Sheets
- Creating PDF presentations
Lesson 2: Image Properties and Analysis
- Image size
- Color modes
- Bit Depth
Lesson 3: Blur
- Identify causes of blur
- Motion Blur
- Lens Blur
- Camera Blur
- Partially blurred images
Lesson 4: Sharpening and Deconvolution
- What is convolution?
- What is sharpening?
- Benefits and pitfalls of sharpening
- Sharpening and deconvolution methods
Lesson 5: Noise
- What is image noise?
- Noise: luminance vs. color
- Digital artifacts
- Reducing noise
Lesson 6: Image Size
- Determining image size
- Image size algorithms
- Using the proper resizing algorithms
- Crop vs. image size
Lesson 7: Enhancing and Clarifying Images
- Using adjustments & adjustment layers
- Color isolation
- Solving lens distortion
- Camera Raw
- HDR toning
- Tonal inversion
- ClearID plug-in
Lesson 8: Compositing techniques
- Partially captured images
- Merge to HDR Pro
- Compositing facial features for use in facial recognition software
- Adjusting for watermarks and embedded patterns
Lesson 9: Measurement
- The Measure Tool
- Measurement scale
- Calibrating and synchronizing image size
- Measuring objects in images
- Measuring in Perspective
- Measurement log
Lesson 10: Video in Photoshop
- Pixels and converting video to Still
- Video properties (interlaced, aspect ratio, resolution)
- Correcting aspect ratio issues
- Frame averaging
- Photoshop Fundamentals: An Introduction to Photoshop CC3 days
- Photoshop CC Advanced: Print and Photography2 days
- Photoshop CC Advanced - Web and Video2 days
- Lightroom Fundamentals: An Introduction to Lightroom2 days
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop for Forensics Professionals2 days
- Advanced Adobe Photoshop Techniques for Forensics Professionals3 days
- What's new in Photoshop CC
- Photoshop Master Class5 days
- Desktop Publishing Master Class12 days