Select a date to register.
- Online Training
- New York
- Monday, December 18, 2017
- Washington DC
- Irvine, CA
The Android platform is the fastest growing mobile development platform in the world. With Android phones being produced by all of the major phone manufacturers, and the addition of new tablet devices, the platform will only continue to grow. This course will teach application development for the Android Development using the Java Programming Language and the Eclipse Development Environment. This course will include basic application development including use of the Android mobile camera, geolocation tools, and playing audio and video files.
- Experience in Java programming is required.
- No experience in Android development is required.
- Experience developing graphical user interfaces in JavaSE will be helpful but is not required.
Note: The curricula below comprise activities typically covered in a class at this skill level. The instructor may, at his/her discretion, adjust the lesson plan to meet the needs of the class.
- Creating and Running Java Apps with Eclipse
- Data Types, Variables and Operators
- Control Statements
- Object Oriented Java
- Inheritance and Interfaces
- Inner Classes
- Introduction to Android
- Development Tools
- Creating Your First Application: Hello World
- Debugging and Profiling Android Applications
- The Application Life Cycle
- Working with Application Resources
- User Interface: Fields, Buttons and Labels
- User Interface: Selection Widgets
- User Interface: Lists
- User Interface: Containers
- User Interface: Progress Bars, Time Pickers and Clocks
- Creating Menus and Messages
- Filters and Intents
- Working with the Internet
- Working with Web Services
- Working with XML
- Audio and Video
- The Built-in SQL Database
- Working with the Built-in Camera
- Geolocation Services
- Working with Google Maps
- Working with the Browser