In this 2-day course, students will gain the skills, tools, and knowledge they needed to deploy Mac computers and iOS devices. Interactive discussions and hands-on exercises guide students through configuring and managing these Apple devices. Students will work through real-world scenarios to test and reinforce your knowledge and skills.
What you'll learn:
- Identify similarities and differences when you deploy macOS and iOS devices
- Observe how deployment methods can adapt as organizations grow and change
- Define the role of mobile device management (MDM) and Apple Business Manager in the successful deployment of Apple devices
- Respond to the challenges of deploying and managing devices without MDM
- Explain what an Apple ID is and identify when it’s needed
- Configure and manage settings, apps, and content on personally owned and organization-owned devices
- Design and implement deployment solutions for real-world scenarios
This course is intended for:
- IT professionals who deploy and manage Apple devices
- Technical professionals who help customers choose Apple devices
- iOS and macOS familiarity
- Basic iOS device and Mac computer navigation skills
Explore the challenges and inconsistencies of manually configuring multiple devices in an organization.
Learn how to use MDM to configure and manage devices consistently and efficiently.
In this introduction to Apple Business Manager, you’ll configure settings to enable over-the-air enrollment and supervision and learn how users can personalize organization-owned devices.
Learn about the security technologies that protect the system, apps, and data on Apple devices. Configure restrictions, enforce FileVault on macOS, and manage the flow of data on iOS.
Compare and contrast methods for restoring macOS and iOS devices to factory state. Gain experience using built-in tools and discover how to rapidly return devices to service.
Deploy shared devices
Configure devices for shared use. The devices have distributed apps and content, but users can’t personalize them.
Design a scenario
Evaluate real-world deployment scenarios. Working in teams, design a deployment that meets your scenario’s needs and then present your solution to the class.