Select a date to register.
- New York
- Wednesday, October 18, 2017 (filled)
- Washington DC
- Monday, November 27, 2017
- Wednesday, November 8, 2017
Apple Certified iOS Technician (ACiT) 2016 is a 3-day course that enables students to become certified to troubleshoot and repair iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV at an Apple Authorized service facility. Interactive discussions and hands-on exercises guide students through the setup, navigation, features, and associated services of iOS devices. Students also learn how to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair iOS devices. Students’ knowledge and skills are tested and reinforced by working through real-world scenarios and hands-on labs. Training for ACiT 2016 is available to technicians who work at or wish to work at Apple-authorized service facilities.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of the Apple Certified iOS Technician (ACiT) 2016 course, students will be able to:
- Identify and explore the controls on various iOS devices and practice navigating on them
- Identify the iOS devices that have Apple-specific components, such as NFC, the Secure Element, the motion coprocessor, and the Taptic Engine
- Describe various iOS features, including mailboxes and VIPs, audio source on iPhone, alerts and notifications, passcode options, and privacy settings
- Define and explore iOS services, such as Apple ID and its function within the Apple ecosystem, Find My iPhone, and iCloud and its associated services
- Describe the steps in the device setup and activation process, including any issues that may arise
- Describe the benefits of and requirements for iTunes and iCloud backups
- List common resolutions for battery-related issues
- Discuss how to use engaging questions to better troubleshoot a customer issue, including appropriate open and closed questions and overall logical question progression
- Describe how to use the tools and resources that are available to evaluate the device and issue
- Discuss specific questions that help to identify the problem category of a customer’s issue (educational, environmental, software, or hardware opportunities)
- Use Apple documentation, approved tools, and appropriate service strategies to safely repair iPhone 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus
- Successful completion of Apple Service Fundamentals is required for Certification.
- iOS Services
- iOS Devices
- iOS Features
- iOS Care
- iOS Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
- Visual Mechanical Inspection Guides
- Servicing iPhone
All ASF, ACiT or ACMT Certification Exams are optional and included in the course purchase price. *Please note that exams will only be administered at the conclusion of each course. Please notify your local branch representative when registering if you intend to take a certification exam to ensure an exam voucher is assigned to you on the final day of class.