Select a date to register.
- New York
- Washington DC
- Irvine, CA
Apple Certified iOS Technician (ACiT) 2018 is a 4-day course that enables students to become certified to troubleshoot and repair iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV at an Apple Authorized service facility. Interactive discussions and hands-on exercises guide students through the setup, navigation, features, and associated services of iOS devices. Students also learn how to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair iOS devices. Students’ knowledge and skills are tested and reinforced by working through real-world scenarios and hands-on labs.
Training for ACiT 2018 is available to technicians who work at or wish to work at Apple-authorized service facilities.
This course is intended for anyone wishing to become certified to repair and troubleshoot iOS devices.
Successful completion of APL-SVC-018 Apple Service Fundamentals and associated certification.
Upon completion of the Apple Certified iOS Technician (ACiT) 2018 course, students will be able to:
- Identify and explore the controls on various iOS devices and practice navigating on them
- Identify the iOS devices that have Apple-specific components, such as NFC, the Secure Element, the motion coprocessor, and the Taptic Engine
- Describe various iOS features, including mailboxes and VIPs, audio source on iPhone, alerts and notifications, passcode options, and privacy settings
- Define and explore iOS services, such as Apple ID and its function within the Apple ecosystem, Find My iPhone, and iCloud and its associated services
- Describe the steps in the device setup and activation process, including any issues that may arise
- Describe the benefits of and requirements for iTunes and iCloud backups
- List common resolutions for battery-related issues
- Discuss how to use engaging questions to better troubleshoot a customer issue, including appropriate open and closed questions and overall logical question progression
- Describe how to use the tools and resources that are available to evaluate the device and issue
- Discuss specific questions that help to identify the problem category of a customer’s issue (educational, environmental, software, or hardware opportunities)
- Use Apple documentation, approved tools, and appropriate service strategies to safely repair all iPhones
- Introduction to Mobile Hardware
- iOS Activation and Setup
- iOS Usage
- iOS Backup and Syncing
- VMI for iOS Devices
- iPhone Display Calibration
- Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
- Repairing and Servicing all iPhones
- Airport Networks