Select a date to register.
- Online Training
- New York
- Washington DC
- Irvine, CA
Apple Service Fundamentals is a 2-day course that teaches students the skills they need to handle face-to-face customer interactions involving all Apple devices. Successful completion of the Apple Service Fundamentals Exam (SVC-16A) fulfills the prerequisite for Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT) 2016 and Apple Certified iOS Technician (ACiT) 2016 certification. Interactive discussions and hands-on exercises guide students through the best way to manage customer interactions, the required safety precautions, and basic troubleshooting skills. Students’ knowledge and skills are tested and reinforced by working through real-world scenarios and role-playing. Training for Apple Service Fundamentals is available to technicians who work at or wish to work at Apple-authorized service facilities.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of the Apple Service Fundamentals course, students will be able to:
- Identify and validate customer engagement skills such as empathy, setting expectations, positioning a refusal of service, and conflict resolution
- Position a repair, upgrade, or attachment so it's clear that the recommendation helps to solve the customer's issue
- Identify and validate strategies for setting realistic resolution expectations
- Identify and practice ESD precautions
- Identify the customer statements that generate a Safety First case
- Demonstrate the proper and safe handling of batteries and portable computer case assemblies with a built-in battery, and respond to events that involve these batteries
- Explain why documentation is important to the service workflow. Understand the components of clear, concise, and complete case notes and the negative impact of poor case notes.
- Find and use any Apple product's serial number to determine its level of coverage
- Describe the importance of accurate troubleshooting to the business and the customer
- Demonstrate basic troubleshooting and deductive reasoning skills, including the use of smart questioning techniques and first-level evaluation and isolation skills
- List the tools and resources that are available to help troubleshoot
- Customer Experience Skills and Managing Customer Expectations
- Determining Service Levels
- Documenting Customer Interactions
- ESD Precautions
- Recognizing Safety Issues
- Embedded Battery Safety
- Basic Troubleshooting
All ASF, ACiT or ACMT Certification Exams are optional and included in the course purchase price. *Please note that exams will only be administered at the conclusion of each course. Please notify your local branch representative when registering if you intend to take a certification exam to ensure an exam voucher is assigned to you on the final day of class.