Select a date to register.
Autodesk Maya provides a thorough introduction to Autodesk Maya's modeling, texturing, lighting, and rendering capabilities. The courseware has been created to help new users make the most of this sophisticated application and to broaden the horizons of existing, self-taught users. The material covered in the courseware is designed specifically for professional designers who make up the majority of Autodesk Maya users and includes tutorials designed for professional designers in the game development, architectural, industrial/product design, and interior design industries.
What You'll Learn
- User interface
- New project creation
- Polygon modeling
- NURBS modeling
- Lighting, materials, and shading
Who Should Attend
Professionals who want unparalleled creative freedom, productivity, and precision for producing superb 3D modeling
- Knowledge of OS X and basic computer navigation
- Experience with 3D modeling is recommended
- Introduction to Autodesk Maya class or equivalent experience
Note: The curricula below comprise activities typically covered in a class at this skill level. The instructor may, at his/her discretion, adjust the lesson plan to meet the needs of the class.
- Modeling tips and tricks
- Take a closer look at some of the features that take your models to the next level.
- Understanding set-driven keys
- Use custom variables to drive the behaviors of complex animation with ease.
- Intro to Scripting
- From sourcing to writing your own, get a brief look into the power of maya scripting.
- Using Dynamics
- Construct a few scenes and drive all the animation using only dynamics.
- Texturing techniques
- Tackle UV Mapping and create textures that fit like a glove.
- Using mental ray shading techniques
- A look at using mental ray shaders in our productions.
- Rendering with mental ray
- Use mental ray efficiently to create stunning renders.
- Becoming a virtual cinematographer
- Look at the techniques that are necessary to create great cinematic shots.