Select a date to register.
This 1-day workshop intends to get students up and running with the Unity game engine focusing specifically on working with its suite of 3D features. Students will build a 3rd person game from scratch covering major areas of study such as: importing, animation, character configuration, implementing game mechanics, and publishing. Students will also learn the basics of publishing their game to PC.
Who Should Attend
Beginners looking to get into 3D game development.
- Prior basic experience with the Unity editor.
Note: The curricula below comprise activities typically covered in a class at this skill level. The instructor may, at his/her discretion, adjust the lesson plan to meet the needs of the class.
Lesson 1: Unity Editor Basics
- Demonstrate the use of key features of the Unity toolset needed to create 3D games
- Identify the different Editor windows and their purposes
- Use common hotkeys and shortcuts in the Scene view
- Configure a Unity Project for 3D development
Lesson 2: Creating Environments
- Configure engaging game environments using project assets
- Create and configure physically based materials
- Use imported assets to build levels
- Create level component Prefabs for reuse throughout the game
- Apply Colliders for Physics interactions
- Modify default lighting to achieve more realistic effects
Lesson 3: Creating the Player
- Create a feature complete character controller for user interactions
- Use the Animator to manage different animation states
- Configure imported animation clips to blend appropriately with other animations
- Integrate scripts to create the third person camera effect
- Build a UI to display game data
Lesson 4: Implementing Gameplay
- Implement scripts to create gameplay mechanic structures
- Create Navigation meshes for enemy Pathfinding
- Configure NavMesh Agents to work with Navigation meshes
- Integrate scripts to create enemy behaviors
Lesson 5: User Feedback and Publishing
- Prepare completed projects for publishing
- Configure build settings for PC or Mac games
- Introduction to Unity 3D5 days
- Introduction to 3D Game Development1 day
- Introduction to 3D Interactive Development1 day
- Introduction to Mobile Gaming1 day
- Introduction to Virtual Reality1 day
- Introduction to 2D Game Development1 day
- Introduction to Automotive Design Visualization1 day
- Introduction to Animated Storytelling1 day
- Free Webinar: Introduction to Unity 20201hr