Select a date to register.
- Online Training (not available in New York)
- New York
- Monday, July 1, 2019 (filled)
- Tuesday, June 18, 2019
This course is designed to become familiar with, and come into compliance with, the Federal Government’s ADA Section 508 accessibility regulations. It covers both Adobe InDesign and Adobe Acrobat features to help meet those requirements. Students are expected to be familiar with InDesign and Acrobat already, as no time is allotted to review any basics of either application.
Practical working knowledge of Mac OS X or Windows
- What are the Section 508 accessibility requirements?
- Workflow adjustments to comply with accessibility standards (update from earlier InDesign versions)
- Authoring documents for accessibility in Adobe InDesign
- Organizing content for PDF export in Articles panel
- Paragraph styles PDF export mapping
- Adding alternate text to images and charts
- Preparing bookmarks, hyperlinks, interactive form fields, and flexible text reflow
- Working with tables, anchored objects, and captions
- Preserving accessibility features when exporting to PDF
- Using the Accessibility Checker and the Tags panel in Acrobat
- Adjusting tags and structure in Adobe Acrobat
- Running Accessibility Checker in Acrobat
- Applying fixes