This 3-day course on DevOps Engineering on AWS will cover the most common DevOps patterns to develop, deploy, and maintain applications on AWS. The course covers the core principles of the DevOps methodology and examines a number of the use cases applicable to startup, small and medium-sized businesses, and enterprise development scenarios.
This course is designed to teach you how to:
- Use the principal concepts and practices behind the DevOps methodology
- Design and implement an infrastructure on AWS that supports one or more DevOps development projects
- Use AWS CloudFormation and AWS OpsWorks to deploy the infrastructure necessary to create development, test, and production environments for a software development project
- Use AWS CodeCommit and understand the array of options for enabling a Continuous Integration environment on AWS
- Use AWS CodePipeline to design and implement a Continuous Integration and Delivery pipeline on AWS
- Implement several common Continuous Deployment use cases using AWS technologies, including blue/green deployment and A/B testing
- Distinguish between the array of application deployment technologies available on AWS (including AWS CodeDeploy, AWS Opsworks, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon EC2 Container Service, and Amazon EC2 Container Registry), and decide which technology best fits a given scenario
- Fine tune the applications you deliver on AWS for high performance and use AWS tools and technologies to monitor your application and environment for potential issues
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for:
- System Administrators
- Software Developers
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- Attended Developing on AWS or System Operations on AWS course
- Intermediate knowledge of administering Linux or Windows systems at the command-line level
- Working experience with AWS using both the AWS Management Console and the AWS Command Line Interface (AWS CLI)
AWS Certification DevOps Engineer - Professional Certification
If you are interested in achieving the professional AWS DevOps certification, the DevOps Engineering on AWS class is the best way to help prepare. Find out more about all AWS certifications here.
Note: The curricula below comprise activities typically covered in a class at this skill level. The instructor may, at his/her discretion, adjust the lesson plan to meet the needs of the class based on regional location and/or language in which the class is served.
- Introduction to DevOps
- AWS Command Line Interface
- Introduction to DevSecOps
- Deployment Strategies and Developer Tools
- Infrastructure as Code
- Deep Dive into Developer Tools
- Automated Testing on AWS
- Configuration Management
- AMI Building and Amazon EC2 Systems Manager
- Containers: Docker and ECS
- Customer Case Studies