WordPress, the world's most widely used Content Management System, gives you the ability to make any kind of web site without knowing code. You'll be watching demonstrations and getting hands-on experience to build a typical WordPress site.
Who Should Attend
If you need to learn how to make a WordPress site from scratch or are responsible for working with a site at work this class is for you.
What You Will Learn
In this class you'll follow time tested methods of making a typical site learning how to...
- create content and add media to your pages and posts
- work with links and set your site's navigation
- create and manage a blog
- find and use any plugin to extend what WordPress does by default
- select a theme and learn how to customize its style
- Understanding of either Windows or Mac OS X Operating System
- Basic Web knowledge
There is no need to purchase software.
You will be given a starter WordPress site which you will use for the hands-on segments of the class.
- The difference between wordpress.com and wordprss.org
- A tour of the key features of a WP site admin
- Creating first pages and posts with images and videos
- The difference between Gutenberg, the new WordPress page editor and the Classic Editor
- Understanding the nature of a blog
- Introduction to themes and plugins
- How to get a domain name and web hosting service
- The famous 5 minute WP installation
Beyond The Basics
- What to look for when choosing a theme
- Exploring any theme's key features & menus, customization, templates, and more
- Adding pages and managing them in your site
- Creating links to pages on your site and to other sites
All About Blogging
- Adding and removing widgets
- Using categories and tags
- Managing comments
- Adding a featured image
- Using blog formatting
- How to find and install any plugin
- Plugins that do all kinds of things that WP does not do out of the box.
- SEO and Social media plugins
- Plugins that integrate your site with third party vendors who perform a wide range of tasks, such as eommerce and email propagation
For additional information see the instructor's page.