Select a date to register.
- Online Training (not available in New York)
WordPress, the world's most widely used Content Management System, gives you the ability to make any kind of web site without knowing code. You'll be watching demonstrations and getting hands-on experience to build a typical WordPress site.
Who Should Attend
If you need to learn how to make a WordPress site from scratch or are responsible for working with a site at work this class is for you.
What You Will Learn
In this class you'll follow time tested methods of making a typical site learning how to...
- create content and add media to your pages and posts
- work with links and set your site's navigation
- create and manage a blog
- find and use any plugin to extend what WordPress does by default
- select a theme and learn how to customize its style
- Understanding of either Windows or Mac OS X Operating System
- Basic Web knowledge
There is no need to purchase software.
You will be given a starter WordPress site which you will use for the hands-on segments of the class.
- The difference between wordpress.com and wordprss.org
- A tour of the key features of a WP site admin
- Creating first pages and posts with images and videos
- The difference between Gutenberg, the new WordPress page editor and the Classic Editor
- Understanding the nature of a blog
- Introduction to themes and plugins
- How to get a domain name and web hosting service
- The famous 5 minute WP installation
Beyond The Basics
- What to look for when choosing a theme
- Exploring any theme's key features & menus, customization, templates, and more
- Adding pages and managing them in your site
- Creating links to pages on your site and to other sites
All About Blogging
- Adding and removing widgets
- Using categories and tags
- Managing comments
- Adding a featured image
- Using blog formatting
- How to find and install any plugin
- Plugins that do all kinds of things that WP does not do out of the box.
- SEO and Social media plugins
- Plugins that integrate your site with third party vendors who perform a wide range of tasks, such as e-commerce and email propagation
For additional information see the instructor's page.