Create brilliant titles, transitions, effects, and more with Motion 5, the motion graphics companion to Final Cut Pro X. This hands-on course starts with motion graphics fundamentals and moves into compositing, animation, and the world of 3D. Explore new intelligent templates to quickly and flexibly create high-quality effects, titles, transitions, and generators as well as create rigs to adjust related parameters with a single control.
Who Should Attend
This class is designed for students who are looking to learn more about creating motion graphics using Motion and who prefer hands-on, interactive instruction.
What You Will Learn
- Creating Smart Motion Templates and publishing them to Final Cut Pro X
- Creating parameter rigs to quickly adjust related parameters with a single control
- Understanding behavior-based animation
- Using keyframes to create animation
- Creating content with Generators, shapes and paint strokes.
- Stabilizing and tracking media
- Animating cameras and using advanced 3D features.
Note: The curricula below comprise activities typically covered in a class at this skill level. The instructor may, at his/her discretion, adjust the lesson plan to meet the needs of the class.
Lesson 1: Motion Fundamentals
- Getting Around in Motion
- Building a Composite
Lesson 2: Animation
- Creating Animation with Behaviors
- Animating with Keyframes
Lesson 3: Motion Graphics Design
- Creating Content with Shapes, Generators, and Paint Strokes
- Creating Text Effects
- Working with Particle Emitters and Replicators
- Using Audio
Lesson 4: Visual Effects Design
- Speed Changes and Optical Flow
- Keying and Compositing
Lesson 5: An Introduction to Publishing and Rigging
- Publishing Smart Templates for Final Cut Pro X
- Rigging and Publishing Widgets
Lesson 6: An Introduction to 3D
- Building a 3D Scene
- Animating Cameras and Using Advanced 3D Features
FMC Custom Course
Note: This custom-designed class is created and owned by Future Media Concepts.