The DaVinci Fusion page is where you can let your imagination go wild and create cinematic visual effects and motion graphics! It’s built into DaVinci Resolve and features a node based workflow with hundreds of 2D and 3D tools. This one day course will introduce the fundamentals of vfx and nodes in Fusion, give hands-on examples of everyday tasks such as paint removals, green-screen, tracking, screen inserts, 3D, and more!
Who Should Attend
- Assistant Editors
- Multimedia Producers
- VFX Professionals
What to Expect!
Practical working knowledge of computers and basic Mac OS X or Windows skills as well as a basic understanding of DaVinci Resolve.
Note: The curricula below comprise activities typically covered in a class at this skill level. The instructor may, at his/her discretion, adjust the lesson plan to meet the needs of the class.
- Conform exercises into Resolve/Fusion
- Fundamentals of compositing, RGB+Alpha, premultiplied vs straight
- Basic Fusion; the UI layout, nodes in Fusion, Merge nodes. keyframing & animating text
- Paint removals with Planar Tracker
- Locked-off screen insert example
- 1 and 2 point tracking
- Green-screen with static background
- Tracking and sky replacement
- Tracking moving screen inserts
- Refining and combining mattes/keys
- Working with 3D text, 3D shapes, materials, lights
- 3D Camera tracking, for sky replacement
- Adding particles and 3D elements
- 3D Camera tracking screen insert