This 1-day course will introduce you to AWS products, services, and common solutions. This class provides you with the fundamentals needed to become more proficient in identifying AWS services so that you can make informed decisions about IT solutions based on your business requirements and get started on working with AWS.
In this course, you will learn:
- Terminology and concepts related to the AWS platform
- How to navigate the AWS Management Console
- Key concepts of AWS security measures and AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
You will also become familiar with what some of the key AWS services are, including:
- Foundational Services: Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC), Amazon Simple Storage (Amazon S3), and Amazon Elastic Block Store (Amazon EBS)
- Database Services: Amazon DynamoDB and Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS)
- Management Services: AWS Auto Scaling, Amazon CloudWatch, Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), and AWS Trusted Advisor
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for:
- Individuals responsible for articulating the technical benefits of AWS services to customers
- Individuals interested in learning how to get started with using AWS
- SysOps administrators, Solution Architects, and developers interested in using AWS services
Note: The curricula below comprise activities typically covered in a class at this skill level. The instructor may, at his/her discretion, adjust the lesson plan to meet the needs of the class based on regional location and/or language in which the class is served.
- Introduction and History of AWS
- AWS Foundational Services: EC2, VPC, S3, EBS
- AWS Security, Identity, and Access Management: IAM
- AWS Databases: RDS, DynamoDB
- AWS Management Tools: Auto Scaling, CloudWatch, Elastic Load Balancing, Trusted Advisor