AWS - Technical Essentials
Learn the foundations of AWS cloud computing, storage, and networking! The one-day course helps you understand AWS products, services, and common solutions. It covers the fundamentals of identifying AWS services and enables you to make informed decisions about IT solutions as per your business requirements. The AWS Technical Essentials training could be helpful for anyone willing to explore the AWS certification path.
Note: Lab time available only for class duration & not beyond. Additional lab charges apply for “repeat students”.
- Recognize terminology and concepts as they relate to the AWS platform and navigate the AWS Management Console.
- Understand the foundational services, including Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), and Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS).
- Understand the security measures AWS provides and key concepts of AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Understand AWS database services, including Amazon DynamoDB and Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS).
- Understand AWS management tools, including Auto Scaling, Amazon CloudWatch, Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), and AWS Trusted Advisor.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for:
- Individuals responsible for articulating the technical benefits of AWS services to customers
- Individuals interested in learning how to get started with AWS
- SysOps administrators
- Solutions architects
- Working knowledge of distributed systems
- Familiarity with general networking concepts
- Working knowledge of multi-tier architectures
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts
Note: The curricula below comprise activities typically covered in a class at this skill level. The instructor may, at his/her discretion, adjust the lesson plan to meet the needs of the class based on regional location and/or language in which the class is served.
AWS introduction and history
- AWS Global Infrastructure
Compute, network and storage services
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS)
AWS Security, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
Databases (RDS, DynamoDB)
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- Data storage considerations
AWS elasticity and management tools
- Auto scaling
- Load balancing
- Cloud Watch
- Trusted Advisor