Select a date to register.
- Online Training
- New York
- Washington DC
- Irvine, CA
In this 2-day advanced course designed for videographers, graphic artists, and animators with experience using Adobe After Effects, the standard for motion graphics and compositions in the TV and film industries, you will learn to incorporate text, graphics, and effects into your movies. Upon completion of this course, you will have an excellent understanding of the menu and tools in After Effects, and you'll be able to use the program with a high level of efficiency.
Who Should Attend
Video and animation professionals who need an advanced understanding of Adobe After Effects.
- Practical working knowledge of computers and basic Mac OS X or Windows skills.
- Introduction to Adobe After Effects class or equivalent experience.
- Intermediate Adobe After Effects class or equivalent experience.
- Photoshop Fundamentals: An Introduction to Photoshop or equivalent experience recommended.
Instructor in Action
Note: The curricula below comprise activities typically covered in a class at this skill level. The instructor may, at his/her discretion, adjust the lesson plan to meet the needs of the class.
Lesson 1: Using 3D Features (2.5D)
- Understanding 3D
- Cameras, lights, and points of interest
- Using 3D Views
- Adding 3D Lights
- Adding a camera
- Repositioning layers
- Rotate or orient a 3D layer
- Axis modes
- 3D layer interactions, render order, and collapsed transformations
- Working with Shadows
- Working with a Null Object
- Working with Text in 3D
- Animating objects
- Animating lights
- Animating cameras with point of interest
- Animating cameras with auto orient
- Animating aperture
Lesson 2: Advanced 3D
- 3D Camera Tracker
- Classic 3D vs Ray-traced 3D
- Using the Ray-Traced 3D Engine
- Environmental Layers
Lesson 3: Photoshop and After Effects
- Using Vanishing Point VPE
- Adding dimension to stills
Lesson 4: Cinema 4D in AE
- Working with Cinema 4D Lite
- Creating 3D Text in Cinema 4D
Lesson 5: Particles
- Using Particles for compound control layers
- Understanding Particles
- Particle Playground
- Other Simulation Effects
Lesson 6: Paint Effects
Lesson 7: Performing Color Correction
- Adjusting color balance
- Replacing the background
- Correcting a range of colors
- Warming colors with the Photo Filter effect
Lesson 8: Effects
- Overview of the most commonly used effects in After Effects
- Q and A