Select a date to register.
- Online Training (not available in New York)
- New York
- Washington DC
- Irvine, CA
In this 2-day advanced course designed for videographers, graphic artists, and animators with experience using Adobe After Effects, the standard for motion graphics and compositions in the TV and film industries, you will learn to incorporate text, graphics, and effects into your movies. Upon completion of this course, you will have an excellent understanding of the menu and tools in After Effects, and you'll be able to use the program with a high level of efficiency.
Who Should Attend
Video and animation professionals who need an advanced understanding of Adobe After Effects.
- Practical working knowledge of computers and basic Mac OS X or Windows skills.
- Introduction to Adobe After Effects class or equivalent experience.
- Intermediate Adobe After Effects class or equivalent experience.
- Photoshop Fundamentals: An Introduction to Photoshop or equivalent experience recommended.
Instructor in Action
Note: The curricula below comprise activities typically covered in a class at this skill level. The instructor may, at his/her discretion, adjust the lesson plan to meet the needs of the class.
Lesson 1: 3D Features
- Overview of 3D in After Effects
- Cameras, lights, and points of interest
- Using 3D views
- Adding a camera
- Animating a camera using an orbit null
- Adding 3D lights
- Adding Shadows
- Creating 3D text
- Tracking a light
- Adding Depth Of Field
Lesson 2: 3D Engine
- Engines: Classic 3D, Cinema 4D
- Extruding text in After Effects
- Extruding shapes in After Effects
- Geometry options of an image
- Previewing using the GPU
Lesson 3: Working with Cinema 4D
- Introduction to Cinema 4D Lite
- Working with the Cineware effect
- Maxon Cinema 4D Exporter
- Adding 3D objects in Cinema 4D
- Animating in Cinema 4D
- Creating Sky reflection
- Using the Compositing Tag
- Compositing 3D layers
- Adding reflections using an Environment Layer
Lesson 4: 3D Camera Tracker
- About the 3D Camera Tracker effect
- Tracking the footage
- Creating a ground plane, a camera, and the initial text
- Creating realistic shadows
- Integrate the text to the scene
- Match a logo to the motion
- Adding smoke
Lesson 5: Content Aware Fill
- Object removal
- Surface removal
- Using photoshop to improve the result
- Edge Blend
- Workflows and settings
Lesson 6: Particles
- Introduction to Particles
- Working with Particle World
- Create a vortex particles reveal
- Integrating particles with video
Lesson 7: Useful Simulation Effects
- Pixel Polly
- Mr. Mercury
- How to become a better After Effects artist
- Q and A