In this two-day course, you’ll receive a thorough overview of the Boris FX suite of visual effects plug-ins for professional After Effects and Premiere Pro users. The course combines instructor-led training and hands-on practice to introduce you to Sapphire, Continuum and Mocha from Boris FX. Boris FX plug-ins are widely used in broadcast and feature film post-production for their ability to create limitless creative looks and advanced visual effects directly inside After Effects and Premiere Pro.
What You’ll Learn:
Learn advanced techniques used by After Effects and Premiere Pro users to fully utilize plug-ins for professional finishing:
- Creating custom transitions and looks.
- Combine and develop advanced creative preset libraries.
- Animating 3D Text, Lower Thirds and graphic looks.
- Planar Tracking and Masking for editing and effects.
- Keying, Image Restoration and general footage fixing techniques.
- Practical working knowledge of Mac OS X or Windows skills.
- A background in editing, production, or post-production is strongly recommended
1. General Overview of Boris FX Tools: Continuum / Sapphire / Mocha Pro
- About Boris FX - Developer of plug-ins for all major editing and effects software
- Why Boris FX plug-ins are used by professional editors, colorists and effects artists.
- What is Continuum
- What is Sapphire
- What is Mocha
2. Working With Transition Effects
- Applying and modifying transitions.
- Continuum Transitions, FX Browser and onscreen UI.
- Keyframing and animating.
- Sapphire Transition Builder: build and customize transitions.
3. Titling & Graphics
- 2D Titling, 3D Titling & 3D Objects
- 3D Text and Title Studio
- Build and animate lower thirds and title templates
- Apply effects to titles and using Sapphire Builder presets
- Pan & Zoom for animating stills.
4. Image Effects and FInishing Techniques
- Applying effects and looks: glows, blurs, vignettes, etc
- Keyframing and presets
- Broadcast Safe
- Beat Reactor for audio synchronization
- Lens Flare Designer for advanced Lens Flares
- Sapphire Builder for custom effects creation
- Create hand-held camera motion with Shake filter.
5. Keying and Compositing
- General keying: Luma keying, Chroma keying
- Primate Studio for advanced keying
- Difficult keying scenarios: transparency & spill
- Realistic compositing, light wrap techniques.
6. Masking & Tracking for Editors with Mocha
- Basics of planar tracking for editing
- Mocha interface overview
- Creating masks for effects isolation in Continuum & Sapphire
- Masking for color correction.
- Understanding surface, linking for Mocha basics
- Mocha Shapes for plug-ins: Witness Protection, Beauty, Glow, Remover
7. Image Restoration and Finishing Techniques
- Fixing problem shots: sharpening & flicker
- Skin smoothing and beauty shots
- Fix and remove dropouts and dead pixels
- Remove logos and objects
- Stabilize and smooth jittery camera movement
10. Mocha Pro for advanced compositing
- Planar tracking techniques: fix drifts and track offsets
- Replace screen inserts and cell phones
- Advanced Object Removal
- Introduction to Adobe After Effects3 days
- Intermediate Adobe After Effects2 days
- Advanced Adobe After Effects CC2 days
- Visual Effects and Finishing for Editors: Boris FX for Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro2 days
- ACP Certification Prep Course for After Effects1 day
- ACP Certification Prep Course for After Effects (Self-Paced)Self-Paced
- After Effects Master Class7 days
- Webinar: What’s New in After Effects CC