Select a date to register.
- New York
- Friday, October 28, 2016
- Friday, November 11, 2016
- Friday, December 2, 2016
- Friday, December 23, 2016
- Friday, January 27, 2017
- Friday, February 24, 2017
- Friday, March 24, 2017
- Friday, April 28, 2017
- Friday, May 26, 2017
- Friday, June 23, 2017
- Friday, July 21, 2017
- Friday, August 18, 2017
- Friday, September 15, 2017
- Friday, October 13, 2017
- Friday, November 10, 2017
- Friday, December 8, 2017
Avid Media Composer Certified User Exam
The Avid Media Composer Certified User Exam is the first of two certification exams that allow you to become Avid Certified. The two combined certifications offer an established and recognized goal for both academic users and industry professionals as shown in the graphic below. The Avid Media Composer User Certification requires that you display a firm grasp of the core skills, workflows, and concepts of non-linear editing on the Avid Media Composer system. Avid collaborated with a team of test development consultants and technology subject matter experts throughout the exam development process to ensure the exam is reliable, fair, and valid.
Who should take the Media Composer Certified User exam?
Avid Media Composer Certified User exam candidates might be aspiring film and television editors, multimedia producers, or anyone involved in the video and film production process. The exam is designed for individuals who possess a fundamental understanding of and the capability to use Avid Media Composer to edit a project through completion, with all of the basic operational skills to capture and manage media, edit, apply effects, color correct, and output the finished program.
What is the format of the exam?
- The Media Composer Certified User exam is comprised of 60 questions
- The time allotted to complete the exam is 75 minutes
Test items are presented in the following formats:
Multiple Choice: Select the single option that best answers the question
- Illustration Review: Refer to the illustration (e.g. Media Composer user interface, movie frame, etc.) prior to answering the multiple choice or multiple response question
Avid Learning Path
- MC 101 - Media Composer Editing Essentials3 days
- MC 110 - Media Composer Effects Essentials2 days
- MC 101/110 - Comprehensive Study of Editing and Effects with Media Composer5 days
- MC 201 - Media Composer Professional Picture and Sound Editing3 days
- MC 205 - Media Composer Professional Effects and Compositing3 days
- MC 239 - Introduction to Color Correction with Avid Media Composer2 days
- MC 300 - Mastering Multi-Cam in the Avid Environment3 days
- MC 400 - Media Composer System Support5 days
- Media Composer Master Class13 days