Select a date to register.
- New York
The Avid Media Composer Certified User Exam is the first of two certification exams that allow you to become Avid Certified. The two combined certifications offer an established and recognized goal for both academic users and industry professionals. The Avid Media Composer User Certification requires that you display a firm grasp of the core skills, workflows, and concepts of non-linear editing on the Avid Media Composer system. Avid collaborated with a team of test development consultants and technology subject matter experts throughout the exam development process to ensure the exam is reliable, fair, and valid.
How do I become an Avid Certified User for Media Composer?
Firstly attend the two courses;
To certify you must complete each course, including course projects/exercises, then pass the certification each exam.
What is the format of the exam?
The exam is comprised of 50 questions with 60 minutes allotted to complete.
Test items are presented in the following formats:
- Multiple Choice: Select the single option that best answers the question
- Illustration Review: Refer to the illustration (e.g. Media Composer interface) prior to answering the multiple choice question
- Illustration Response: Select the single image that best answers the question
Avid Learning Path
- MC 101 - Media Composer Fundamentals I2 days
- MC 110 - Media Composer Fundamentals II3 days
- MC 101/110 - Media Composer Fundamentals I and II5 days
- MC 201 - Media Composer Professional Editing I2 days
- MC 210 - Media Composer Professional Editing II3 days
- MC 239 - Color Grading with Media Composer and Symphony2 days
- Visual Effects & Finishing for Editors: Boris FX for Avid Media Composer2 days
- MC 300 - Mastering Multi-Cam in the Avid Environment3 days
- MC 400 - Media Composer System Support5 days
- Media Composer Master Class12 days